Forum

panning limits

29 March 2015 00:34
it would be handy to be able to limit the X and Y of the camera panning (or the trepaning, as some call it), essentially creating a picture frame boundary around the scene.
30 March 2015 10:52
Right now we're not planning to do so. Well, maybe in future we'll support it
30 March 2015 11:20

Ответ на сообщение пользователя trepaning
it would be handy to be able to limit the X and Y of the camera panning (or the trepaning, as some call it), essentially creating a picture frame boundary around the scene.
You can set Detect Collisions in Physics of the camera settings and create a standart collision mesh surrarounding your camera to limit its movement.
Blend4web and that kind of thing.
30 March 2015 21:38
excellent idea, I was thinking a box around a scene as a blocker of some sort would be a way to go, and this seems like it could be what I am looking for. Will test later, thanks!
31 March 2015 04:34
I seem to have hit a wall with making hitting a wall work. Feel free to set the RED walls as blockers that the camera cannot pan past in this example.
31 March 2015 10:22

Ответ на сообщение пользователя trepaning
I seem to have hit a wall with making hitting a wall work. Feel free to set the RED walls as blockers that the camera cannot pan past in this example.
Sorry, I forgot that panning is not working with Physics and collisions. It's rather simple functionality.
Blend4web and that kind of thing.
31 March 2015 23:48
Panning limits would be really helpful for setting a frame around a scene and keeping the focus where it is intended, like the other limiters allow. Even if it were a bounding box that could be placed around a scene with a special material the camera will not pass through, it would go a long way to creating a virtual comic book, for example.
01 April 2015 11:10
Hi,

Thanks for proposal. We'll add this feature to our TODO list.

Actually, now it can be done in an application with some modifications in app.js addon. enable_camera_controls method is responsible for camera controls, and the limits for the camera movement can be hardcoded there.
01 April 2015 18:57
Okay, that is a potential fix per project, if every scene of the project were to need a camera with the same limits. Being able to set camera limits per scene would be much more flexible. I suppose it could be worked around with parenting the camera to another object that is controlled, like a player control, as they do not pass through floors or walls, but setting up a character adds to production time overhead, so if there was a basic object that can assume such control (and maybe have a variety of control types that could be assumed, such as FPS, free floating, etc) and the camera simply parented to that object via B4W UI, that could work.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.