Forum

Issues with Touchscreen Laptops

05 May 2015 16:50
So I'm not 100% certain this is a bug, but I feel it's something that should be brought up. I've been testing my scene on multiple devices and I've noticed some issues with Touchscreen Laptops. When using the pinch jesters to zoom and pan on the Touchscreen, it scales my HTML UI instead. On phones or tablets I do not have this issue. I'm thinking it has something to do with controls fighting on the device itself, like it's fighting over the mouse functionality and the touchscreen functionality.
05 May 2015 17:23
Thanks for reporting the issue. Although we currently have no such device, we will definitely take a look.
The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
07 May 2015 14:28
We have just bought an Acer touchscreen laptop and yes, we have managed to reproduce this issue. Now looking into…
07 May 2015 21:38
I have an issue on my 65" LG passive 3d tv, so you should pick one of those up and let me know when you can test with it.
07 May 2015 21:57

Ответ на сообщение пользователя trepaning
I have an issue on my 65" LG passive 3d tv, so you should pick one of those up and let me know when you can test with it.
Actually we have already got such, so go ahead
08 May 2015 19:17
Well, I know where I'll be hanging out when I visit Moscow!
14 May 2015 11:50
Hi!
Ответ на сообщение пользователя Ryan Uttech
So I'm not 100% certain this is a bug, but I feel it's something that should be brought up. I've been testing my scene on multiple devices and I've noticed some issues with Touchscreen Laptops. When using the pinch jesters to zoom and pan on the Touchscreen, it scales my HTML UI instead. On phones or tablets I do not have this issue. I'm thinking it has something to do with controls fighting on the device itself, like it's fighting over the mouse functionality and the touchscreen functionality.

We have investigated this issue and found that it is related to Internet Explorer 11 running on Windows 8/8.1. Unfortunately, we can't resolve the issue entirely because Internet Explorer 11 doesn't fully conform to the specification.

For now we've implemented a workaround. It will be included in the next Blend4Web release. It will not be possible to zoom and pan on the Touchscreen using IE 11 though. We are expecting that this issue will be completely resolved for the next version of the Microsoft browser.
Blend4Web Team
kirill@blend4web.com

Please register or log in to leave a reply.