Forum

Batch process folder of Blend files into JSON

04 May 2015 22:44
It would be great if a folder of Blend files could be batch processed and exported with B4W. This would make updating JSON files much easier to match new B4W builds. This would require previous settings to be auto-updated to current version settings, so not sure if it is possible. Having to remake a bunch of files one at a time to match future builds in a hindrance to current production pipelines.
05 May 2015 11:27
Hi,

We have reexport.py script for these needs. We always use it when we need to update all the scenes in our repository. You can find it under the "scripts" directory in the free SDK. It can be changed a bit to match your export directories names. DEPLOY_DIR variable is responsible for this.
05 May 2015 20:17
I guess I should have said, "It would be great to have a layman's easy-way to do a batch re-export via the B4W interface".
06 May 2015 10:25
Ответ на сообщение пользователя trepaning
I guess I should have said, "It would be great to have a layman's easy-way to do a batch re-export via the B4W interface".

Well, having UI is almost always a good option, but I think, you should try our script anyway. You need to only run it and it will do all the job for you. It just iterates over all jsons in the directory, finds corresponding blend files, and tries to run export giving you an output on how well the things are going.

Nevertheless, we will discuss the possibility of making a special UI for this utility.
06 May 2015 19:44
I eagerly await the result of your discussions.
07 May 2015 10:13
Actually, we are planning to improve possibilities of our main web-page which is being opened when you run Blend4Web local development server. So we are going to include some of our scripts to the Web Interface. Reexporter probably will be among them.
07 May 2015 19:04
And that is why B4W will be top of the pile in WebGL options.
03 July 2015 11:44
Mass Reexporter tool is available since version 15.06 (you can find it at the very bottom of the Render tab).

The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin

Please register or log in to leave a reply.