Forum

Video tutorial: simple scene with Blend4Web.

08 September 2015 10:32
Topic for discussion of the video tutorial.
Manager and 3D Generalist at Blend4Web
No pain, no gain.
mikhail@blend4web.com
08 September 2015 14:38
Mikhail,
I would love to see a walk-through of how to add a redirect link with the new node editing, add a sound and add an animation. I think those three things would be a great start for anybody starting out with Blend4Web.
If you need English voice-over, let me know.
I just finished a Blend4web install video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxvZOAsfKpY
I have a Blend4Web SDK tour video in processing, I will post a link when it is done.
08 September 2015 17:00
Hi Will,

Just watched your video - it is awesome! I agree that walk-throughs you mentioned would be very useful.

See an example blend file in the SDK for making page redirects without coding.

Sound can be added as described in this tutorials: [1], [2], [3]. See also the manual page and sources for the Island demo.

For different animation types see the doc page and tutorials throughout the blog.

If you find some time and decide to create video tutorials by yourself, I'm pretty sure it would appreciated by our community very much! We are ready to provide you with whatever assistance you may need, including promotion.

The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
08 September 2015 17:19
Thanks for the links. I am starting to learn a few things. I may pester you with a few questions but once I understand a concept, I will do a video for it. I think there will be people who learn Blender specifically because of Blend4Web. There are many web development technologies that are becoming obsolete. Web developers who have never authored 3D content will be looking to keep up with the times. So I think videos that show each step assuming no knowledge of Blender would be cool.
08 September 2015 17:31
So I think videos that show each step assuming no knowledge of Blender would be cool.
By coincidence, we just discussed that today and planned to expand the user manual with topics related to general Blender use. Indeed, this will be very helpful for newcomers to start with the Blend4Web workflow.
08 September 2015 23:22
New video posted, Blend4Web Tour and Overview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsQPI7YM-LE

Let me know if I got anything wrong. I can still make changes.
(Hey, where should I post my videos on this forum?)
09 September 2015 10:17
Great! This is the most detailed and cool Blend4Web video review on youtube so far! Didn't know about the "Kick the bucket" idiom.

You might create and maintain a separate topic for your videos in the Projects section of the forum.

We'll also share it via our social media. Looking forward to more videos!
09 September 2015 11:36
Hey, awesome job!
I knew about the idiom, but it never came to mind (maybe because I think in Russian, too) In Russian the same is, like, "to throw down hooves" or something

Please register or log in to leave a reply.