Forum

Simple interactivity

29 October 2014 18:51
Hi guys, how are you?

First of all thank you very much for this addon, it is awesome!

Now to my question. Do I have to use the SDK to create user interaction and simple navigation?

Basically, I'm working on a set of scenes with some models of neural networks, and the user would have to be able to move around the scene with the arrow keys and also click on any node of the network to load a different network.

Here's a screenshot of the first scene, it is pretty simple as you can see, but I have no idea of how to create the functionality. As I'm a 3D artist, I don't know anything about coding, so the use of javascript is beyond my scope.

Is there any other way to do it?

Thanks!
29 October 2014 19:29
Hello julper!
Awesome And you?

The main question is - what exactly do you want to do? Look here, it's my veeeeery simple example of interaction by using NLA scripts. Also read the whole topic, maybe you'll even find an answer :)
BTW, this scene was made without programming, too.

In our new release (14.10) functional of NLA scripts will be greatly improved, so we gonna make a tutorial about this (and about other new features, too) So I recommend to download 14.10 to try this feature, if you want to try it by yourself And sadly NLA-based scenes made by older version won't work in new version of SDK

And one more thing. You can use this NLA scripts without installing SDK, but I recommend to install it because it contains lots of helpful things, such as Viewer and examples of our scenes.
29 October 2014 21:50
Thank you very much Pavel, I'll take a look at the NLA Scripts then.
05 November 2014 00:33
Hey guys, after playing around with the NLA I found it is pretty easy to add simple interaction without any programming.

But now I have another question, is there any way to allow the user to navigate between different scenes?

I'll try to make it clearer; let's say I created 5 scenes, and each one of them is a room of a house. If I export each of these scenes as a separate html file, can I add a connection between them? For example, if the user clicks or selects the kitchen door can it be taken to the html file of the living room scene?

If it cannot be done by having multiple html files, could it be done by having one file with different scenes…?

I hope the question is clear enough hehe.
05 November 2014 11:06
Ответ на сообщение пользователя julper
Hey guys, after playing around with the NLA I found it is pretty easy to add simple interaction without any programming.

But now I have another question, is there any way to allow the user to navigate between different scenes?

I'll try to make it clearer; let's say I created 5 scenes, and each one of them is a room of a house. If I export each of these scenes as a separate html file, can I add a connection between them? For example, if the user clicks or selects the kitchen door can it be taken to the html file of the living room scene?

If it cannot be done by having multiple html files, could it be done by having one file with different scenes…?

I hope the question is clear enough hehe.

Hi julper,

NLA scripting is not that powerful yet. Therefore you problem can't be solved without programming.
Our resources upload API is pretty friendly, so probably it's a good time to learn a bit of JavaScript
05 November 2014 11:27
As a workaround you can also create multiple room assemblages in a single scene and navigate between them using the animated camera as shown in this example.
The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin

Please register or log in to leave a reply.