Forum

Paning in Target camera mode

10 November 2014 18:14
Hello first and foremost let me congratulate you for what I think is simply THE BEST Blender addon ever, this produces really great models for the web without depending on third party web services.

Now my feature request, would it be possible to add an option to allow panning the view with a "target camera" type?
Some times just orbiting around a fixed point is not enough, and the "eye" type is overkill and doesn't work on mobile (does it?).

Also I'll just leave this here if you ever want to further improving visual quality of the web Rendering engine in the future: SSDO - Screen Space Directional Occlusion https://people.mpi-inf.mpg.de/~ritschel/Papers/SSDO.pdf
10 November 2014 19:12
Hi duarteframos,

Thanks for kind words
If I understood you correctly you want to move camera target location. We have such a possibility in our Viewer application. If object is selectable you can press Z to move view to it's location.

Also we are planning to add Hover camera type. It will be some kind of strategic games camera. It will be pretty friendly compared to Eye.

But anyway we consider adding suggested functionality to Web Player.

Also I'll just leave this here if you ever want to further improving visual quality of the web Rendering engine in the future: SSDO - Screen Space Directional Occlusion https://people.mpi-inf.mpg.de/~ritschel/Papers/SSDO.pdf
Thanks for the link. We always searching for ways to improve visual quality.
10 November 2014 19:40
Yes that sounds like what I am looking for, I have yet to try the viewer app, but I've been meaning to give it a try. Nice to know new and improved cameras are coming to the web player too.

Most welcome, if you search for SSDO in google I'm sure more relevant information will pop up
10 November 2014 20:53
Most welcome, if you search for SSDO in google I'm sure more relevant information will pop up

Sure, thank you for suggesting!
The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
19 November 2014 16:30
Panning should work with right mouse button like it works in sketchfab.com web player.
19 November 2014 16:43
Ответ на сообщение пользователя nils.austa
Panning should work with right mouse button like it works in sketchfab.com web player.

Yep exactly . Check the developer preview now!
28 November 2014 07:52
Now the blend4web is perfect for me :)
Maybe panning should move slower. Just maybe.
29 November 2014 19:02
Maybe panning should move slower. Just maybe.

Quite possible. We'll take a look, thanks for the feedback.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.