Forum

15.10 no audio in Edge browser

27 November 2015 21:13
28 November 2015 05:56
This is one of the joys Microsoft Edge and Explorer. Edge does not support audio formats of the moderne era. I have already relegated Edge to the junk pile so I have not tried this, but you might try some different audio formats.
28 November 2015 11:38
Using the B4W UI, I have one option for an audio source, no fallback. There is no one format for all browsers.
29 November 2015 08:07
Browser usage stats:
http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp
Given the massive advantage IE has of being shipped as part of Windows and yet only gets used 7% of the time to brows the net, there has to be something seriously wrong.
Looking at the stats over time, it looks like a dead horse running its self into the ground. Why they can't implement sound support like all the 'real' browsers is beyond me. Neither Explorer or Edge have inspired me to consider them part of the future of the internet.
08 December 2015 12:57
Ответ на сообщение пользователя trepaning
Using the B4W UI, I have one option for an audio source, no fallback. There is no one format for all browsers.

Hi, sorry for the late answer. A single HTML file can contain multiple media formats for the purpose to adapt to different browsers. The easiest way to create them is to use our SDK's converter. There is a "convert resources" operation available from the Project Manager: link. There is also a topic in the documentation about how to do the conversion through the console: link. Converted media files are placed near the original file.

And, finally, the export option "Export Converted Media" should be checked if you want to include all this media files into the resulting HTML.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.