Forum

Scene stops loading in Fast Viewer...stuck at 97%

18 January 2016 06:06
I've been working on a scene and it suddenly stopped loading in the viewer and repeatedly remained stalled at 97%.
Assuming it was the logic nodes that I was working with at the time, I adjusted the extent of the nodes and eventually removed all logic nodes (they were extensive) and the scene still didn't load into the viewer. I reinstalled the latest Blend4Web SDK and tried again to open the file in the viewer. It opened! I made one small change and it no longer opened, but continued to remain stuck at 97%.
Other than the logic nodes, I had not made any changes to the Blender file itself so I don't think it is any issue with the blender objects.
I've attached the Blend file.
Is there a maximum of number of objects in a scene or logic nodes which would trigger this?
I am able to view other projects in the viewer.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Cluetrekk
18 January 2016 10:55
Hello!

I can't reproduce your error. Could you please provide configuration of your system and the screenshot of console log in the fast viewer with a stuck scene (press F12 to open console in your browser).

There is no actual limit for object count in logic editor but some lags may occur during editing large trees in Blender.
Blend4Web Team - developer
Twitter
LinkedIn
19 January 2016 04:22
Thanks, I've attached a few informative (hopefully) screen shots.
The console log initially had a number of image and sound loading errors, but I fixed those and tried again to open in the viewer with no luck. You can see there are several remaining warnings in the console log but no further errors.
I have also included a screen shot of my system specs.
Your help is much appreciated.
Cluetrekk
20 January 2016 18:15

Thanks, I've attached a few informative (hopefully) screen shots.
The console log initially had a number of image and sound loading errors, but I fixed those and tried again to open in the viewer with no luck. You can see there are several remaining warnings in the console log but no further errors.
I have also included a screen shot of my system specs.
Your help is much appreciated.

Hello!

Sorry for making you wait so long and thanks for report!
The error was quite tricky but we finally got it!

The problem was with speakers of "Background Music" type and occurred only in Safari, which doesn't support .ogg audio files.
This bug will be fixed in new release, which will come in a week.

I recommend you to use .mp3 or .mp4 audio files for your speakers.
Twitter
LinkedIn
21 January 2016 05:24
I changed all the audio files to .mp4; however, I discovered something which is probably quite significant. The scene will load every time as long as there are no other scenes loaded in any other tabs. I mean, if I had previously attempted to fast preview and then left the tab open, it would freeze at 97% every time I tried to fast preview again. However, if I closed all the tabs with any previously loaded scenes, and then clicked on fast preview it would load perfectly every time. This was with Chrome. I didn't test it in any other browser.
At least the problem can now be avoided.
I'm not sure if the final web page will have this same issue.

Thanks for all of your help :-)
Keep up the great work!
Cluetrekk
21 January 2016 10:30

if I had previously attempted to fast preview and then left the tab open, it would freeze at 97% every time I tried to fast preview again

Wow! That's even more interesting. Never faced this issue before.
We'll take a look at it.

Thank you for the report again! I suppose you were some kind of a great tester in the previous life
Twitter
LinkedIn

Please register or log in to leave a reply.