Forum

Armature is deforming incorrectly when exported

31 January 2016 04:14
I have a simple mesh with a simple rig. It animates fine within Blender, but when I export it to Blend4Web it stretches in an unpredictable and awkward way.

Here is what it looks like in Blender:

Here is what is happening in Blend4Web:

b4w_armature_deform.blend

Can someone please tell me what I've done wrong? Thanks.
31 January 2016 14:51
Hi!

This kind of sophisticated animation requires baking. See the following topic in documentation to find out how.
31 January 2016 22:49
Thank you Alexander! I've got it working now!

Result: b4w_armature_deform_b4wbaked.blend

I don't know if this is worth mentioning or not, but I initially got this error when I clicked the Bake button:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/user/blend4web_sdk_free/addons/blend4web/anim_baker.py", line 90, in execute
self.process_action(action, armobj)
File "/Users/user/blend4web_sdk_free/addons/blend4web/anim_baker.py", line 207, in process_action
armobj.animation_data.action = action
AttributeError: bpy_struct: attribute "action" from "AnimData" is read-only

I think this is because I downloaded the .blend file from this post onto a different computer than the one it was created on, and had a file permissions problem. I was able to resolve this by looking at the file info and granting Read & Write permission to all users. I don't know if this will help anyone having a similar issue, but just in case…

One thing I am curious about: The option to Use Blender's Native Baker… for what kinds of animations would it be better to use the native baker instead of the B4W one? Or should I just always try the B4W one first and only resort to the native one as a fallback if I have a problem?
Thanks

Please register or log in to leave a reply.