Forum

Mobile and Web site cross compatability

24 February 2016 18:25
I'm in Cork Institute of Technology studying multimedia. We have been given a project where we need to basically design an app/ website that allows the user to customize the look and style of a house they are looking for. This needs to be done in a 3D space so the user can see what the design actually looks like. I will have five different themes for them to choose from and five different layouts of the apartment also. I can use 3D studio max, unreal, maya and I'm not that great with blender but I could get used to it.

I'm just wondering can I use Blend4Web to make a website with this "game" as such on it and also have it work on mobile phone or would i need to make it an app on the mobile phone. Any advice would be appreciated.

Code I use as well is HTML5, Java, CSS
24 February 2016 18:48
Hello and welcome to the forum!

One of possible ways to use Blend4Web is to attach it as a library to you html file. So an application can be constructed this way and uploaded to your website. The easiest way to play with this setup is to try Project Manager.

It works on mobiles as well.
24 February 2016 19:03
You can also look at this demo, it uses dynamic loading/unloading of objects. And we wrote tutorials how to make it work
25 February 2016 17:19

Ответ на сообщение пользователя Pavel Kotov
You can also look at this demo, it uses dynamic loading/unloading of objects. And we wrote tutorials how to make it work

This looks like what we want. My group is dealing with the front end of things and another group from a college in Dermstad are dealing with the code. Could you tell me how easy it would be to code this so that instead of placing the objects you need to select a pre-loaded layout? For example if you select one layout you can only have four things in the four corners of the room. You can pick what you place in the corner but you can't move it from the corner. I hope that explanation makes sense.
25 February 2016 19:41
Hi,
Could you tell me how easy it would be to code this so that instead of placing the objects you need to select a pre-loaded layout? For example if you select one layout you can only have four things in the four corners of the room. You can pick what you place in the corner but you can't move it from the corner. I hope that explanation makes sense.
This looks even easier to implement to me than fully interactive moving objects. If I understood you correctly of course.
The Founder | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin

Please register or log in to leave a reply.