Forum

3D Scene as a Texture - Troubleshooting

03 March 2016 05:38
Hi! I'm trying to create the effect of having a 3D scene as a texture, as described here in the manual. I think I've followed the steps exactly, but it's not working.

The only part I don't really understand is: "A project should contain at least one scene which is not rendered by any other scenes."
Does this mean I should create a third scene, and that one will not be rendered, but it somehow helps the other two to be rendered? I tried this too, but it didn't make a difference.

Here is my .blend. If someone could point out what I did wrong I would really appreciate it.
03 March 2016 10:12
Hi! You forgot to create a UV-map layer on this object.
04 March 2016 01:59
Thank you, Ivan! It's working now.

I don't see any mention of that step in the manual. Might want to add that, as other newbies will surely be as confused as I was.

This is a really cool feature, by the way.
04 March 2016 11:02
I don't see any mention of that step in the manual. Might want to add that, as other newbies will surely be as confused as I was.
Yes, we'll make it more clear. Anyway, this is a common detail for textures in Blender. Any texture with UV-mapping should have a UV-map layer to be rendered correctly. Also, generated coordinates don't require anything.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.