Forum

Inconsistent loading of B4W webpage

22 March 2016 03:32
I have a working B4W page within an iframe. All works fine on my machine, but it does not load properly on everyone's machine. The site is http://www.newswears.com/3d/

Some people's machines load fine…although movement can be slow to extremely slow. Other's only hear the background audio file with a black screen, and others will see a partial loading of the objects and the camera seems to be located in an unusual spot. No one has reported an error message upon loading the page.
The browsers being used are Chrome, Safari, and IE.
Is there something that I need to do or is this a bug of some kind?
Thanks for all your help.
Cluetrekk
22 March 2016 15:59

Some people's machines load fine…although movement can be slow to extremely slow. Other's only hear the background audio file with a black screen, and others will see a partial loading of the objects and the camera seems to be located in an unusual spot. No one has reported an error message upon loading the page.
The browsers being used are Chrome, Safari, and IE.
It's difficult to say is there any problem with your scene or with browsers, may be there some problems with mediafiles or something. Can you attache your file with scene?
Blend4web and that kind of thing.
25 March 2016 03:52
Hi Sorry for the delay. You will notice that some of the speakers in the scene are associated with .mp3 and some with .ogg.
I notice in Safari only the .mp3 files played and in Chrome both types play fine…at least on a Mac.
Attached is the blend file and json and bin file.
Let me know if you need anything else.
Thanks,
Cluetrekk.
25 March 2016 11:20

I notice in Safari only the .mp3 files played and in Chrome both types play fine…at least on a Mac.
Yes, it's a limitation of browsers, some of them play only mp3.

Some people's machines load fine…although movement can be slow to extremely slow. Other's only hear the background audio file with a black screen, and others will see a partial loading of the objects and the camera seems to be located in an unusual spot.
I've checked your scene and found some things that can cause the problems:

1)there's too much light sources, most of them (95%) can be just baked to lightmap or several maps - it can cause problems without error because some of devices can't render so much light sources and just drop down the scene without any warnings.
2)You have two physics setup on your camera - directly on camera and a capsule with physics parented to it - they can cause a conflict between them so you can see lags on old devices that can't compute so much collisions. You need to leave only one.

We'll test you scene some time so maybe we can find another problems.
Blend4web and that kind of thing.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.