Forum

Retro Car Contest, discussion

27 October 2016 22:02
Hey guys,
I just saw that the model had to be build with blend4web. Silly me Ô_o

Now I tried to transfer everything from cycles to b4w and it looks sooo crappy ^^

How can I fix glass and two sided material ect? My car looked so awesome in cycles and now that… so disappointing =(

Blend4Web:
Where can I upload the blend4web file so I can enter the competition? And the blend file?

Cycles:
28 October 2016 10:49
Hello and welcome to the forum

You can bake all static materials into textures, while "dynamic" materials (reflective, transparent, etc.) should be faked using cubemaps or matcaps. Try surfing through SDK scenes, you'll catch how it's done

Also check the documantation, it should help too x)

About the entry - please read the rules and specifications! At the bottom of the main Contest page you'll find a link to entries thread. Also check the previous contests' entries, like that one: that is a good example of the entry format.
29 October 2016 07:50
The specifications state "This forum post must have a link for running the live web application right away.", does this mean I have to have a website? Or just so that the scene can be viewed in a browser window?

Just curious.

TIA
30 October 2016 23:13
First test version inside Blend4Web:
link
https://www.artstation.com/artist/veti
31 October 2016 10:42
Reply to post of user fitz301
The specifications state "This forum post must have a link for running the live web application right away.", does this mean I have to have a website? Or just so that the scene can be viewed in a browser window?

Just curious.

TIA

You can attach an .html to the post and make it clickable just like veti did in the message above

But also you can use GitHub for this purpose. It will be more convenient and will be a little better in terms of judging But just a liiiitle bit. If you'll be short of time, it'll be better to optimize/finalize the scene than that.

veti, good job so far!
04 November 2016 12:06
Hi everyone!
Here is a screenshot from my actual work. Not finished yet, some textures and a little more optimalization needed, but i succeeded to reduce the starting export size from 35mb to under 8mb. Baked textures, lot of (a really lot) nla, and a little game

but i need a little help! One thing is not working. I dont know how to replace the B4W glow node in low quality mode (because it is simple black…). I try to combine with the B4W LoQ node but not working.

Edit: I forgot to add an output to the glow material
04 November 2016 17:49
Hey pixeltomi! Welcome to our forum
Is tyhe problem solved?

P.S.
Nice car! Looking good
04 November 2016 22:03
Thanks!
Is tyhe problem solved?
Yes, i forgot to add an output to the glow material… in highq mode works perfectly, just in lowq mode turns black without that.
04 November 2016 23:14
Can I use this sound in my entry??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOeY-nDp7hI
05 November 2016 11:17
Can I use this sound in my entry??
I think you can. "nocopyrightsounds" (just make a link to them etc.)

Please register or log in to leave a reply.