Forum

Textures breaking in windows

22 May 2017 22:06
Thank you for the advice. Here is the file.
23 May 2017 10:44
There is the missing texture baked.png in the blend-file. Can you pack it and reupload the file again?
23 May 2017 11:55
Sorry, my mistake.

https://we.tl/rNcOD4D0Cz
25 May 2017 11:47
So, we've reproduced this bug and found the reason. Briefly speaking, it's because that texture has non-power-of-two dimensions (6144x6144), which forces the engine to apply a resizing workaround and there was a browser bug. I think, if you manually resize the texture to, for example, 4096x4096 then it should work for you.

Reply to post of user ivanmarkovic
It happens on several Windows machines, on various browsers.
We're able to reproduce it in chrome only. Chrome devs already know about this bug and it was fixed in the chrome beta channel. We've also made a fix in the engine, which will land in the next 17.06 release. Anyway, it will be helpful if you tell us in what browsers you discovered the bug.
26 May 2017 00:16
It appeared in Chrome 58.0.3029 on Windows 7. This is all I know, since my friend discovered it. I wasn't able to reproduce the problem myself. My machines are all Linux computers and the scene worked fine in Chrome, Firefox, Ice Weasel, Vivaldi. All that aside, I want to thank you for all the good work that you are doing.
26 May 2017 10:32
It appeared in Chrome 58.0.3029 on Windows 7. This is all I know, since my friend discovered it. I wasn't able to reproduce the problem myself. My machines are all Linux computers and the scene worked fine in Chrome, Firefox, Ice Weasel, Vivaldi. All that aside, I want to thank you for all the good work that you are doing.
Ah, I see. Thanks for the bug report.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.