Forum

"Get Camera Position" tool in the Viewer

04 March 2016 18:33
I read in a recent post that there is some discrepancy between Blender's camera and Blend4Web's camera. I have also observed this in a test I did.

I don't understand the technical reasons for this, but today I thought it would be useful to have a tool in Blend4Web's Viewer for getting the camera's current Loc/Rot coordinates, and maybe putting them in the clipboard. Using this we would be able to align our camera in the Viewer and then plug those coordinates into Blender.
04 March 2016 19:30
I read in a recent post that there is some discrepancy between Blender's camera and Blend4Web's camera. I have also observed this in a test I did.
Hmm, what post was it? It should only be a camera behavior model, which can lead to this discrepancy. In your test you have a target camera and its pivot is (0,0,0). That's why the camera view is not like in Blender. Besides, camera limits can also affect the position/orientation.

I don't understand the technical reasons for this, but today I thought it would be useful to have a tool in Blend4Web's Viewer for getting the camera's current Loc/Rot coordinates, and maybe putting them in the clipboard. Using this we would be able to align our camera in the Viewer and then plug those coordinates into Blender.
I think that it's not a convenient way. We should provide some supporting tools to align camera right in Blender. So far, we have "Look at Cursor" button for the TARGET move style and camera limits displayed in Blender viewport. So, we'll try to improve camera setup in the future.

04 March 2016 21:13
Thanks, Ivan. That's right - I had forgotten that B4W uses a different sort of camera targeting system.

The post was this one.
Now that I'm reading it a second time, I think Pavel was referring to the transparency.
But when the original poster (aworkofmarc) posted, I think he was talking about the position of the camera when he said "way off".

Perhaps there was some misunderstanding here. :-)

Please register or log in to leave a reply.