Forum

boolean animation

16 October 2015 11:38 #4441
wow awesome I did not know how to use the bones and as I can see it is really important! thank you for the help.

I thought it was a good idea to make the scale effect but as you can see I want to make the paper move as if we move the two scrolls. With the scale effect it is a bit weird and not really what I want.
maybe the boolean can be use to make the two paper sides disappear as the same the as the scrolls move.
16 October 2015 11:54 #4442
Here is an easy way to "not to stretch" the texture, but before that - are you planning to rotate the scroll? If not, it'll work. But if you gonna rotate it, there must be more comlex solution.
3D Generalist, contests administrator,
Blend4Web team.
art blog: http://contret-art.tumblr.com/
16 October 2015 11:59 #4443
sorry to tell you that but yes the scrolls have to rotate…
16 October 2015 13:00 #4446
Here is a workaround. I'd do it another way, but to do it it you need to dig deeply into node materials - which I strongly recommend, btw, because your project seems complicated and you'll need more things to work with. Nodes allows you to do almost everything :) So I'd use global masks as transparency and animate it.

Here is just simple hack - blend type object (Materials -> Transparency -> Alpha Blend) always "eats" add-type object (Materials -> Transparency -> Add) . So I parented blend cubes to the bones and cleared animation from the scroll. Also, I parented all the things so you can rotate all this mechanism by rotating scroll itself. So yeah, it works. Just be sure not to use in the scene others Add - type objects

And I used random texture from CGtextures because you didn't pack yours and I couldn't test everything with unexisted textures :)

untitled (2).blend
Blend4Web team.
16 October 2015 13:21 #4447
woooooow awesome that is some kind of tricks you cannot do when you are a beginner like me!!! thank you so much it is truly what I needed!!
19 October 2015 16:38 #4484
Hello I would like another advice, I don't know if I have to create a new subject so I post it here for the moment.

I would like to use the logic editor in the same project in order to make the animation when I click on one of the scrolls in the timeline 0-200. Is there an option to activate because when I try it nothing happened. the node editor is working but not this one.
any idea? I have included the project again

Thank you so much
19 October 2015 18:34 #4488
Here is a very nice video tutorial exactly about the thing you want to know

You can also play with nodes after that and achieve the result another way - using node "Play Animation" :)
Blend4Web team.
19 October 2015 19:19 #4490
There is also a great example in your SDK.
In you Blend4Web root folder, go to blender > interactivity > node_play_anim.blend
When you first open the file it may be set on Material Nodes, so you can switch to Logic Nodes.
It has an open-close type animation that will apply nicely to your scroll.
Also in your NLA view, don't forget to hit that little down arrow to convert you animations into a NLA track (this can bee seen in the video).
~Will
Blend4Web Videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp6x8JP7oCiiTjbJorPPMsQ/videos
20 October 2015 07:47 #4495
Thank you the tutorial is interesting and I already watch some tutorials like this one.
I think it is exactly what I want in the exaple node_play_anim.blend but I cannot found the two animations "open" and "close"…
I do not understand? there is no keyframe and I really don't know how does it work…
I would like to play all of the animation(between 0-200) when I click on one of the scroll but all I can do for the moment is to play one of the animations and during all of the time…
20 October 2015 10:26 #4497
ok I found it, just a mistake. I will try to do the same.

Please register or log in to leave a reply.